Location: St. Marks Episcopal Church, 301 A Street SE, Washington, DC 20003
General: Doors Open 30 min prior to showtime. All seating is general admission – no reserved seats. Please call ahead for handicap access.
Bright Room Called Day
Directed by Seth Rose
The play is set in Germany in 1932 and 1933 and concerns a group of friends caught up in the events of the fall of the Weimar Republic and the rise to power of Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party. The plot is centered on a woman named Agnes Eggling, a middle-aged actress, and all of the action takes place in her apartment. The action is occasionally interrupted by scenes featuring Zillah, a young woman in the 1980s living in Long Island who believes that President Reagan is becoming too much like Hitler. In the version performed by the New York Shakespeare Festival, Zillah has moved to Berlin. Zillah has fled to Germany out of frustration and anger at the growing power of the Republican Party in America during the 1980s. The play was based on Bertolt Brecht’s work The Private Life of the Master Race.
To purchase tickets online:
- Find the date below and then click on the “Sister Act” title next to the corresponding date, which will open a new page.
- Select the ticket type and number of tickets you would like to purchase.
- Once you have added the tickets you need, click “Add to Cart.”
- Next navigate to the cart by clicking “My Cart” at the very top right of the website or “Go to Cart” above the ticket options.
- Once in the Cart, enter the requested information (name and email) and click “Review cart and make payment.”
- Review the information to ensure you have selected the correct date and time and number of tickets. Click “Make Payment through PayPal.”
- Once on the PayPal website you can log in with an existing account if you have one, or you can simply click “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” to check out as a guest – no PayPal log in is needed and you enter your debit or credit card information then click “Pay Now.”
- Once payment is complete you will receive an email confirmation. The Box Office will also receive a confirmation and be able to check you in when you arrive at St. Mark’s.