The box office is open for the Fall 2018 production of Philadelphia Story – on stage Oct 5 – 20.
By Philip Barry
Directed by Heather Danskin
The wealthy and well-established Lord family of Philadelphia is about to welcome the cream of society into their home for the second wedding of Tracy Lord, vibrant daughter of the house, to George Kittredge, a proud, up-and-coming self made coal mine manager – much to the annoyance of little sister Dinah. Unfortunately, father Seth’s philandering with a Broadway dancer causes a scandal which an unscrupulous media tycoon threatens to break — unless he can send a reporter to cover this high society wedding from the inside. Enter Macaulay “Mike” Connor, a writer of quality unwillingly slumming it on the society beat, who holds strong views against the old money-wielding upper class, and his faithful photographer Liz, whose romantic connection is not enough to stop the fascinated dance which ensues when Tracy and Mike meet and spar over class boundaries and champagne-addled declarations. Torn between three men, Tracy must determine whether or not she belongs on a pedestal. Philip Barry’s sparkling comedy The Philadelphia Story is witty, sophisticated romp, a breezy and romantic story which explores family dynamics, class prejudice, and human frailty.
To purchase tickets online:
- Find the date below and then click on the “Philadelphia Story” title next to the corresponding date, which will open a new page.
- Select the ticket type and number of tickets you would like to purchase.
- Once you have added the tickets you need, click “Add to Cart.”
- Next navigate to the cart by clicking “My Cart” at the very top right of the website or “Go to Cart” above the ticket options.
- Once in the Cart, enter the requested information (name and email) and click “Review cart and make payment.”
- Review the information to ensure you have selected the correct date and time and number of tickets. Click “Make Payment through PayPal.”
- Once on the PayPal website you can log in with an existing account if you have one, or you can simply click “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” to check out as a guest – no PayPal log in is needed and you enter your debit or credit card information then click “Pay Now.”
- Once payment is complete you will receive an email confirmation. The Box Office will also receive a confirmation and be able to check you in when you arrive at St. Mark’s.
Box Office Contact Information:
Location: St. Marks Episcopal Church, 301 A Street SE, Washington, DC 20003
General: Doors Open 30 min prior to showtime. All seating is general admission – no reserved seats. Please call ahead for handicap access.