The box office is open for our production of Proof – on stage Jan 11- 26.
By David Auburn
Directed by Ryan Mays
The play concerns Catherine, the daughter of Robert, a recently deceased mathematical genius in his fifties and professor at the University of Chicago, and her struggle with mathematical genius and mental illness. Catherine had cared for her father through a lengthy mental illness. Upon Robert’s death, his ex-graduate student Hal discovers a paradigm-shifting proof about prime numbers in Robert’s office. The title refers both to that proof and to the play’s central question: Can Catherine prove the proof’s authorship? Along with demonstrating the proof’s authenticity, the daughter also finds herself in a relationship with 28-year-old Hal. Throughout, the play explores Catherine’s fear of following in her father’s footsteps, both mathematically and mentally and her desperate attempts to stay in control.
To purchase tickets online:
- Find the date below and then click on the “Proof” title next to the corresponding date, which will open a new page.
- Select the ticket type and number of tickets you would like to purchase.
- Once you have added the tickets you need, click “Add to Cart.”
- Next navigate to the cart by clicking “My Cart” at the very top right of the website or “Go to Cart” above the ticket options.
- Once in the Cart, enter the requested information (name and email) and click “Review cart and make payment.”
- Review the information to ensure you have selected the correct date and time and number of tickets. Click “Make Payment through PayPal.”
- Once on the PayPal website you can log in with an existing account if you have one, or you can simply click “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” to check out as a guest – no PayPal log in is needed and you enter your debit or credit card information then click “Pay Now.”
- Once payment is complete you will receive an email confirmation. The Box Office will also receive a confirmation and be able to check you in when you arrive at St. Mark’s.
Box Office Contact Information:
Location: St. Marks Episcopal Church, 301 A Street SE, Washington, DC 20003
General: Doors Open 30 min prior to showtime. All seating is general admission – no reserved seats. Please call ahead for handicap access.